Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Here I am at the exciting library. Rain is falling outside, I am very glum, sad, and depressed, and it doesn't help that the dog is dead. Yes, cry me a river. Nor does it help that the rain is falling. In the meantime I was actually driven to look at "Leprauchan in Da Hood" (at least, on the Internet) as my lovely British friend said it was one of the funniest things ever made. Apparently it keeps Warwick Davis employed. And for an actor, that's a mighty fine thing.

So life is nauseating, my kitties, and I have all kinds of anxious, torturous fears that germinate in the night. You know, that long, dark, cold night from hell when all you can think about is that you might end up on the street, alone, sleeping over sewers and drinking rubbing alcohol. And that actually happens to people, and they definitely deserve our compassion, not censure. For anyone out there who has had any triflings, serious or brief, with homelessness (including your writer, here), you understand more what I mean than anyone. Maybe one day America will have more compassion for the least of its citizens. Until then, I watch a lot of movies. 'Cause I don't want to sound like a self-righteous witch.

Anywho, I may have a life this evening with a few friends of mine, although they aren't exactly timely with phone calls, so I may end up staring into space while watching Cable TV. That is, alternately watching TV and staring into space. I do think that it's time for me to move out of my parents' house and out of this town from hell, and am working on that program, especially since I had another fight with my mother. It was long overdue and removed me from the Land of Denial. Now I'm in the Land of Glum, but that's OK. At least I have a seat to sit on and some food in my tummy.

Some quaint woman's child is crying. Children are so much braver than adults, crying at the drop of a hat and letting everyone know what is bothering them. Instead of turning to drink, drugs, or the Republican party. At the same time I have to admit that I cannot stand the sound of children crying. It reminds me too much of my inner pain, in all truth. So mayhap I should not have any, although sometimes I do dream along those lines.

We had the midterm elections yesterday, and due to my general lameness I did not vote. In this state it was the same ol' same ol', and since politics seems to occupy much thought in this New England town, it's easy to become interested. Or, in my case, apathetic, something I realize has come upon me progressively since my college years. Oh, to be a college student! If only I knew how it would all turn out! I'd have stayed there forever. But miracles can happen, as they say, and one of them is the chocolate mousse cake sitting in my parents' refrigerator. That is, if the father type personage hasn't eaten it yet. He likes sweets, he does!

Not much else to say. I feel numb, yet am convinced that one day, Alec Baldwin will discover me sitting on a park bench and be so moved by my charm that he'll propose on the spot. How I like those angry Irish boys. We all have a dream, don't we?

I wish you peace and gentle joys, and all good things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home